Monday, October 5, 2009

3 Weeks and counting.

Well here we are at 3 weeks out. As I drove back from NM, I was constantly and painfully reminded of how many people places and things lead us all to food and overeating. While driving through Farmington NM I saw, in the space of 3 miles, 71 places to get food that would be bad for my progress and 2 stores that "might" have something natural and non-processed. And yes I was counting them.

If was, to say the least, a tough drive to get out of town. I don't fight those cravings often but when they are there they are strong. Up to this point I have been pretty good at controlling, and when I didn't; it didn't effect the progress for more than a few days. But think about that, a few days? what is that worth in your overall goal. A few days when you are not competing may put you in a hole that you can only fill with a little more food. Then it's a couple more. I am reminded of a quote from a Japanese Martial Artist I new years ago:

"A single day away from your art will require 3 days of dedication to return to the proficiency you left that day."

I have applied that to my music for years but never took it to my health and fitness. I look at this for the food and bodybuilding and see that a day off to recover is one thing. A day "off" of your plan is another. Saying that you can take a "food" day off is dangerous for those of us who gain really fast with little slips. Planning a "free" meal or designing an off plan dinner at home is actually a good thing as long as you are not close to a competition.

3 weeks................wow

Am I really there already? Kind of exciting to think that all the last 13-14 months have led up to here. Every day is a new attack on the body that I left behind and an awakening of the new body that currently stands in front of me every morning as I shave. Odd to think of that person and wonder where he went.

The me that I am now is in a good place and if I could just have a pizza life would be good. :)

Off to do cardio, shoulders, cardio, eat, cardio, lunges - sleep...

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment